Donald Waller Photography
Anne Frances Moore has held curatorial, research, educational and administrative positions at major American museums, including The Kimbell Art Museum, The Dallas Art Museum, The Peabody Essex Museum and The Allen Memorial Art Museum, Oberlin College, serving as the Director of the latter institution from 1991-1996.
While specializing in Italian Renaissance painting in graduate school, she has developed a broad knowledge of the fine and decorative art of all periods and cultures.
In recent years she has focused on American painting. She is also a certified member of the Appraisers Association of America, specializing in American art.
Her daughter, Marya Mezzatesta, assists her at Anne Frances Moore Fine Art. Marya is a June, 2007 graduate of the University of St. Andrews in Scotland, having received an Honours MA degree in Art History.
- Successfully completed a 15-hour course and examination on
the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP),
the Congressionallyrecognized set of appraisal standards
promulgated by The Appraisal Foundation. Completed in June 2008,
effective through June 2013.
- Certificate in Appraisal Studies, New York University, May, 2002.
- Certificate in Museum Management, The J. Paul Getty Trust,
The American Federation of Arts and the University of California,
- M.A. in art history, Hunter College, City University of New
- M.A. and M.F.A. Ed. Columbia University, 1972.
- B.A. in art history, Columbia University, 1969.
- The Appraisers Association of America Member, 2004-present.
- Association of Art Museum Directors (1993-96).
- Intermuseum Conservation Association Board of Trustees (1991-96,
- International Foundation for Art Research, 2002-present.
- The Century Association, 2007-present.